Pages

Sunday 25 March 2012

The Lady does Vintage

I bought this dress off eBay a while back, but it was just before I had my flare up, and I'll be honest, I wasn't feeling it. 

I wore it again last week for work, and I'll be honest, I'm still not sure about it. I think it is the pattern, because it certainly isn't the fit, or the style of dress!


The belt that came with it is in the same pattern as the dress, and I'll admit, looking at the colours again in the photos, I am still not sure that purple and red go together. 

I recently picked up a petticoat, thinking it would help to puff out some of my swing dresses. I'm thinking it might add shape to this dress, shape that it desperately needs. 

I sat down to write the post, having sung the praises of the fit. And it is only through actively thinking about the dress, and how it made me feel, that I realised that I'm not convinced by the dress itself. The fit is great on me, it snuggly sits under my arms, no gaping, and it is flowing everywhere else. 

I'll report back when I've tried it on with the petticoat, but otherwise, it may be going on eBay next month. 

I got it from http://www.ladyvlondon.com/, and I've just ordered another in a different style and pattern, which I hope to team with the petticoat!

Much love my lovelies, 

K x



No comments:

Post a Comment